- Are Concerts Safe?
- What Security Is At A Concert?
- How Much Security Is Need For A Concert?
- How Much Does Security Cost For A Concert?
- How Much Do Concert Security Guards Make?
- How To Become A Concert Security Guard
- What Do Security Do At Concerts?
- Do You Get Searched At Concerts?
- Why Do Concert Security Check Your Bag?
- Do They Have Metal Detectors At Concerts?
- How To Work Security At Concerts
- How To Stay Safe At A Concert
- Why Are There Security Guards At Concerts?
Concerts can be a great and fun way to spend your time, but they are also filled with security risks that threaten to ruin the experience. One way to stop these risks would be to hire concert security guards but what does security do at concerts?
In our concert security guard guide, we will be discussing this and more, such as how to be security at a concert, how to stay safe at a live music event, and how much concert security earns.
Are Concerts Safe?
Although concerts are fun, they are quite a busy and lively atmosphere, which means that they can sometimes fall victim to crime when they aren’t properly protected. Some of the most common security risks in concerts are overcrowding, bad behaviour, and violence. Many concert organisers will hire concert security services such as guards to prevent these risks from happening.
What Security Is At A Concert?
Concerts will have a variety of different security in place to keep people safe whilst they are working or attending a concert. Some of the most common security at concerts are:
How Much Security Is Needed For A Concert?
Concerts can be extremely popular. According to Statistics, in 2019 just under 34 million people from the UK attended concerts and music festivals. These high figures can instantly tell you that concerts will need a lot of security guards working at the event.
The amount of security guards needed for a concert is unclear as there is no exact figure, and this will depend on many factors such as how long the concert is going on and how many people are attending the show. The best way to work out how many concert security guards will be needed for a show is by contacting and getting advice from a security company.
How Much Does Security Cost For A Concert?
It is unclear how much concert security will cost as there is no exact figure or answer to this question. The cost of security at a concert will depend on many factors such as how many guards you are looking to hire for the concert, whether the concert is taking place in a small or large arena, the location where the show is taking place, and how long the duration of the concert will be.
The best way to find out how much concert security may cost is by contacting and receiving a quote from a security company. Security companies are well experienced and security experts so they will be able to provide you will a personalised quote that suits your particular needs.
How Much Do Concert Security Guards Make?
According to Glassdoor, a UK concert security guard earns on average £27,689 per year. But how much a concert security guard makes will mainly depend on many factors such as the location they are working in, how much experience they have and what position they are applying for.
How To Become A Concert Security Guard
To become a concert security guard there are some requirements that you will need to have. Some of these are being at least 18 years old, having the right to work in the area you are planning on working in, and passing enhanced background checks such as a criminal record check.
Another requirement that you will need to have, is having the right security licence. As concerts are events or places where alcohol can be served – concert security guards will need to have an SIA door supervisor licence. To gain this SIA licence, guards will have to pass security training courses and have a first aid qualification.
What Do Security Do At Concerts?
Security guards who work at concerts will have a variety of tasks and responsibilities to undertake. Some of these are:
- Welcome everyone who is attending the concert.
- Conducting security checks such as bag searches and pat downs.
- Keeping a watchful eye whilst the concert is taking place.
- Answering any customer enquiries.
- Monitoring and controlling a crowd during the concert.
- Dealing with any security situations that take place.
- Ensuring the safety of all employees, guests, and singers or bands attending the concert.
- Stopping any bad behaviour at a concert such as mosh pits or anti-social behaviour.
- Ensuring no prohibited or restricted items enter the concert.
- Checking concert tickets.
- Doing routine patrols around the concert arena.
- Following all concert security procedures.
Do You Get Searched At Concerts?
A common question asked by concertgoers is whether you will be searched. And yes, security at concerts may search your bag while you enter.
Why Do Concert Security Check Your Bag?
When you are entering a concert, security guards who work there will often check your bags. But why do guards do this? Concert security guards will check your bags for safety reasons and to make sure you aren’t bringing in any restricted or prohibited items.
These items could be food, water, alcohol, professional camera and audio recording equipment, perfumes or deodorants, weapons, and any other items that may cause harm. Each concert will have its own list of restricted items, so it is important that you check online before going to a concert.
Whilst guards are searching through your bags, they may do other security checks such as asking people to empty their pockets, conducting pat-down searches, and asking people to walk through metal detectors.
Do They Have Metal Detectors At Concerts?
Metal detectors are a common security measure used at concert venues. Concert security officers may ask you to walk through metal detectors to ensure that you aren’t trying to bring any restricted items into the event.
How To Work Security At Concerts
To work as security at a concert there are some skills which you will need to have. We have listed the most essential skills that all concert security guards will need.
- Security guards who work at concerts will often work in teams, so it is important that you have good communication and teamwork skills.
- Concerts can sometimes be an area for security threats, so it is important that guards are able to work well under pressure and have good judgment skills.
- Guards will often work closely with people who are attending the event, so it is necessary that you have good customer service skills.
- It is also important that concert security guards stay alert and have good observational skills as they will be expected to keep a watchful eye during the concert.
How To Stay Safe At A Concert
Although concerts are a fun experience, they can sometimes be unpredictable. So, it is important that when you are attending a concert you stay safe. We have listed some concert safety tips on how to stay safe at concerts.
- Concerts are known to get hot, so it is important that you stay hydrated and drink plenty of water before going to the show.
- If you are standing in a crowd at a concert, take note of where your nearest exit point is in case you begin to feel faint.
- Eat properly before attending the show.
- Make sure to be aware and alert of your surroundings.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Report any suspicious activity or behaviour to a security guard.
- Crowded areas can often lead to picketing so it is important that you leave any valuables at home. Or if you do decide to bring them keep them nearby you in a safe location.
- Make sure to go to the concert with someone that you trust.
- Do research before the show and plan how you will be getting there, how you will leave the concert, and where you will meet up if someone gets separated from your group.
- Make sure to keep your phone charged.
Why Are There Security Guards At Concerts?
Overall, security guards are essential at concerts because they provide concerts with an extra layer of protection. Concert guards will not only protect everyone attending the event, but they will also keep the performers and staff members who are working at the event safe as well. Security at concert venues will mainly act as a strong visible deterrent to potential criminals but they will also perform additional tasks to ensure the concert’s safety such as conducting bag searches and checking tickets to ensure that no possible threat enters.
Let’s Stay In Touch
Want to stay updated with our latest content? Enter your email address to subscribe to our free newsletter.
Security guards work in a variety of positions and situations. As you probably know by now, protecting your business is not a decision to be made hastily. One of the places where security guards are most effective is a factory setting.
Student safety has come to the fore of public conversation lately, with initiatives such as the ‘Big Night In’. In this new climate, university security guards at universities are often under more scrutiny than ever.
When it comes to securing your business, security guards and CCTV cameras are two of the most popular options. However, it can be difficult to decide which option to go for. When it comes to security guards vs CCTV, which is better?
UK VS USA Security Officers Online research has shown that the security industry is extremely popular in both the UK and America. According to Zippia, there are currently 823,148 guards employed in...
Aside from close protection officers and security guards, there are many other jobs within the security industry. And one of the highest job positions in the security industry is a security manager.
Mental health is always important to consider when applying for or working in any job. But do you need a mental health check to apply for an SIA licence? We’ll be discussing this and more such as, can you be a security guard with mental illness, what you need to know about mental health in the security industry, and how guards cope with stress and pressure.
We all know that training is an essential step before becoming a security guard but why is it so important that all guards take and pass security training courses? We’ll be discussing this and more in our security training guide, such as the different types of training that guards need, how much training can cost, and where you can find security training courses.
Car parks are often a considerable target hotspot for crime. Back in 2021 within England and Wales, 108,542 motor vehicle thefts were reported. These are worrying figures and it is no wonder that many people are concerned about leaving their cars in car parks. One way to reduce car theft is by employing good car park security, but what is car park security? We’ll be discussing this and more such as, what can parking lot security do, and why you should try to park in a secure car park.
Business parks are sometimes threatened by crimes such as burglaries and vandalism. And one that they can protect themselves is through hiring business park security. But what is business park security, and why is it needed? We’ll be discussing this and more such as what a business security guard is, the different crimes that affect them, and why they need good security protection.