Hotel Door Safety Tips
Theft and burglaries can be an extreme security threat to concierge security. So, it is important to keep your hotel door secure whilst you are staying in a hotel. In this article, we provide the best hotel room safety hacks on keeping your room safe, how secure a hotel room safe, and what is the best way on securing a hotel door.
- What Health And Safety Risks Are In A Hotel Room?
- How To Keep Your Hotel Room Safe?
- How Secure Are Hotel Room Safes?
- How To Secure A Hotel Safe?
- How To Secure A Hotel Door?
- How To Secure A Hotel Door From The Inside?
- How To Secure Hotel Door With A Hanger?
- How To Secure A Hotel Room Door With An Ironing Board?
What Health And Safety Risks Are In A Hotel Room?
Health and safety risks are always a threat to security. Below, we have listed some of the most common health and safety risks that hotel guests can face whilst they are staying in a hotel room.
- Slips, trips, and falls.
- Damaged property such as door locks and smoke alarms.
- Unauthorised visitors entering or visiting your room.
- Room theft.
How To Keep Your Hotel Room Safe?
Hotel rooms can be a common target for crime within hotels, so it is important that when you are staying in a hotel room that you make sure your room is safe. Below we have listed some hotel safety tips which will provide the best ways on how to keep your hotel room safe.
- Room theft is one of the most common crimes within hotels so it is important that you leave all your valuables that you wouldn’t want to lose at home or store them within a safe area such as a hotel safe or a hotel security box.
- Always make sure that your hotel room is locked from the inside at night.
- Use the do not disturb sign whether you are inside or outside of your room. This sign is extremely useful as will thieves and burglaries the impression that someone is in the room.
- If you notice anything suspicious in your room, speak to a hotel staff member such as a hotel security officer or the hotel manager.
- Always check that all the windows and doors within your hotel room are working correctly. Report any damaged door and window locks immediately to a staff member such as a hotel security guard.
How Secure Are Hotel Room Safes?
Hotel safes can be a great way to protect your valuables, however, experts believe that they aren’t 100% secure. If a guest has forgotten their password a hotel manager will be able to open the hotel safe using an override code or a master key. Hotel employees may also have access to this code.
Some hotels might not regularly change the default code on their safes, and this is worrying to think about as it makes it easier for thieves to break into hotel safes. Furthermore, research online such as videos have shown that some hotel safes can be easily broken into by using a paperclip or a pocketknife.
How To Secure A Hotel Safe?
The best way to keep your hotel’s safe secure would be by using and attaching a secondary lock, such as Milockie safe lock, to your hotel safe. A secondary lock will be a visual deterrent to thieves, and it will help prevent your hotel safe’s door from being opened even if a key or passcode is used. A secondary lock is useful to use as it will add another layer of protection to your hotel’s safe.
While another way to secure your valuables when staying at a hotel would be to use a portable travel safe instead of the hotel safe. Portable travel safes will come in a variety of different sizes, and they are useful to use as only you will know the passcode to the safe.
How To Secure A Hotel Door?
Making sure that your hotel door is locked and sure is essential whilst you are staying in a hotel room. Below we have listed the best ways on how to secure a hotel door.
- Add a travel door alarm to your hotel door.
- Place a door wedge under your hotel door. Door wedges tend to work better on hard surfaces such as wooden flooding, but some will work on softer surfaces such as carpets.
- Add a portable door lock on your hotel door, as this will stop people from entering your hotel room.
- Place a motion detection alarm by your hotel door. A motion detection alarm is extremely useful to use as it will detect any movement near your hotel door.
How To Secure A Hotel Door From The Inside?
When staying in a hotel, it is always important that you make sure your hotel door is secure from the inside. Below, we have listed the best ways on how you can secure a hotel door from the inside.
- Use an internal hotel door latch or place a door latch around your hotel door. This will add an extra layer of security.
- Put a doorstep under your hotel door.
- Buy and use a portable door lock on your hotel door.
- Place a doorstop alarm under your hotel door. This can be an extremely useful gadget to use as they will sound an alarm if someone tries entering your room.
- Use a door jammer on the hotel door, as this will help prevent the door from being opened.
- Place a door brace against your hotel door.
- Add a secondary lock, such as a lock locker, to your hotel door.
How To Secure Hotel Door With A Hanger?
Another way you can secure your hotel room is by using a coat hanger to lock the door. As this will prevent someone from entering your hotel room. The best way to do this would be by placing a coat hanger between the door handle and lock on your door.
The curved and hook end of the hanger should be near the bottom of the door handle, while the thinner beam section should be around the top part of the door lock. After you have placed the hanger around the door handle and lock, you should then push the hanger down till you feel resistance from the door.
How To Secure A Hotel Room Door With An Ironing Board?
An ironing board can also be used to secure a hotel door and prevent anyone such as thieves from entering your room. The best way to secure your hotel with an ironing board would be to place the feet of the ironing board so that they are securely placed between the door handle.
Farming has become even more popular in the last few years, and rural crime is becoming a huge issue for many farmers. Back in 2020, it was reported by Ourwatch that at least £2.3 million worth of livestock and millions of pounds worth of machinery were stolen.
Like any other medical assistant, the basic objective of providing first aid is to save lives. And most times injuries are time sensitive – which means having someone immediately available to alleviate a dangerous situation could be critical to the long-term health of an individual.
5 REASONS YOU SHOULD OUTSOURCE YOUR SECURITY Security needs to be considered with all variables of your business and its comings and goings. You may have the resources to hire a guard or two for...
TOP 10 SECURITY TIPS FOR ELDERLY PEOPLE If you or your loved one is an elderly person, you might be worried about safety. Grifters and scammers target elderly people in their own homes as well as...
Caravans are becoming extremely popular homes and vacation places. In the UK, it estimated that there are 550,000 touring caravans. With the amount of caravans increasing, it is essential to keep your caravan safe but how can you do this?
New Year’s Eve can be a wonderful and exciting time of the year for many people with plans for parties and celebrations with friends and families but it should also be important to highlight that danger are still present.
Winter can be a dangerous time of year for many people, from the build-up of snow and ice to the road to general darkness and cold temperatures.
Although Christmas is a happy and exciting time, it is also a time popular time for theft and break-ins. So, it is extremely important to make sure that you have the best home security in place. But what are the best ways to secure your home from burglars?
Installing security alarms on your property is a great way to stop security threats such as robbers. In this article, we will be discussing how to install a security alarm, whether you need an alarm permit, and what are the best tips for installing security alarms.