In the UK, a home burglary happens every 106 seconds. Security lights can be a great way to prevent this. But how do they do this exactly?
In this article, we will be discussing what are the benefits of security lights, how they work, and if they are a good visual deterrent against burglars.
- What Are Security Lights?
- What Is The Purpose Of A Security Light?
- Do Security Lights Deter Burglars?
- How Do Security Lights Work?
- Security Light Advantages
- What Are The Disadvantages Of Security Lights?
- What Is The Law On Security Lights?
- Can You Complain About A Neighbour’s Security Light?
- Do Security Lights Only Work At Night?
- Are Solar Security Lights Any Good?
- Are LED Security Lights Any Good?
- Are Security Lights A Good Deterrent?
What Are Security Lights?
Security lights can be an important piece of home security. They are simply outdoor lights that have motion detectors and are fitted to act as a visual deterrent against threats such as thieves. Security lights will be used to secure both domestic and commercial buildings.
There are many different types of security lights such as:
- Solar Security Lights.
- Timer And Light Sensitive Security Lights.
- Motion Activated Outdoor Lights.
- LED Security Lights.
- Halogen Flood Security Lights
- And Security Lights Which Have A Security Camera Installed.
What Is The Purpose Of A Security Light?
A security light’s main purpose will be to provide homeowners and business owners an extra layer of protection to their buildings and give them a sense of safety. Security lights are able to do this as they can act as a visual deterrent to prevent intruders or thieves from breaking into your property.
Do Security Lights Deter Burglars?
Yes, security lights can be used as a way to stop burglars. When burglars are planning a break-in, they will often break in at night and they will often pick a property that is vacant. Security lights can prevent burglars from breaking in as they instantly give the impression that someone is home.
How Do Security Lights Work?
Security lights are quite easy to use. As most security lights will be fitted with a motion detector that will activate when movement is detected e.g. when someone walks past. This light may stay on for a few seconds or a few minutes, depending on what setting the light has been set at. After this, the light will turn itself off and only react again when more movement is detected.
Security Light Advantages
There are many benefits and advantages of having security lights. Below, we have listed some of these benefits.
- Security lights can prevent intruders from breaking into your home.
- They can make homeowners feel more secure in their homes.
- They can help improve your home security.
- They can help to prevent accidents.
- Some security lights can help to save energy.
- They can increase property value and reduce insurance premiums.
- Some security lights will be fitted with a timer so you can complete control of what time the lights will start working and how long the light will stay on after movement has been detected.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Security Lights?
Although security lights can have a lot of benefits, they do have some disadvantages as well. Some of these are:
- Security lights can be expensive.
- If you live in a busy area where cars or people frequently pass your property then they could become distracting. Furthermore, if a light is always illuminating because of unneeded triggers they can start to lose their effectiveness.
- Some people find security lights to be a nuisance especially if they are shining too bright. This could cause your neighbours to make complaints about your lights.
What Is The Law On Security Lights?
In the UK, there are no official laws about security lights or if you need permission to install them. However, it is important to note that when you are installing your security lights that you should take your neighbours into consideration and that your lights aren’t a nuisance for them.
Can You Complain About A Neighbour’s Security Light?
According to the government website, it’s possible in the UK to make a complaint about a neighbour’s security lights if they aren’t being used properly. Some people may also complain about security lights if they feel like they have caused a nuisance or caused any injuries to happen.
Do Security Lights Only Work At Night?
Although the bulb part of a security light may only light up at night, security lights will be working 24 hours a day. This is because the motion detector part of a security light will always be active. However, there are some security lights, such as timer security lights, that may only work at night. As these lights may be specifically set to work only at night by their owners.
Are Solar Security Lights Any Good?
Solar security lights unlike other lights will use no electricity and instead are charged up from the sun. There are many advantages to using solar security light security. Below, we have listed some of these.
- Solar security lights are environmentally friendly.
- They don’t need an outlet to power them.
- They are considered to be safer than other security lights are
- They are much cheaper to use than other security lights.
Are LED Security Lights Any Good?
LED security lights are security lights that use an LED light bulb. They are extremely useful and have many benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- They are easy to install.
- Some LED security lights are wireless and portable.
- They use a significant amount less energy than other security lights.
- They can be easy to hide.
- LED bulbs have a longer lifespan.
Are Security Lights A Good Deterrent?
Overall, security lights are a good visual deterrent to have as they have been known to protect properties from thieves. Having lights on gives the impression that someone is at home in your property, and this will put most burglars off. As many will only target properties that they believe are empty. Outdoor lights are also useful to have as they provide homeowners with an extra layer of protection and help to give them a further peace of mind.
Farming has become even more popular in the last few years, and rural crime is becoming a huge issue for many farmers. Back in 2020, it was reported by Ourwatch that at least £2.3 million worth of livestock and millions of pounds worth of machinery were stolen.
Like any other medical assistant, the basic objective of providing first aid is to save lives. And most times injuries are time sensitive – which means having someone immediately available to alleviate a dangerous situation could be critical to the long-term health of an individual.
5 REASONS YOU SHOULD OUTSOURCE YOUR SECURITY Security needs to be considered with all variables of your business and its comings and goings. You may have the resources to hire a guard or two for...
TOP 10 SECURITY TIPS FOR ELDERLY PEOPLE If you or your loved one is an elderly person, you might be worried about safety. Grifters and scammers target elderly people in their own homes as well as...
Caravans are becoming extremely popular homes and vacation places. In the UK, it estimated that there are 550,000 touring caravans. With the amount of caravans increasing, it is essential to keep your caravan safe but how can you do this?
New Year’s Eve can be a wonderful and exciting time of the year for many people with plans for parties and celebrations with friends and families but it should also be important to highlight that danger are still present.
Winter can be a dangerous time of year for many people, from the build-up of snow and ice to the road to general darkness and cold temperatures.
Although Christmas is a happy and exciting time, it is also a time popular time for theft and break-ins. So, it is extremely important to make sure that you have the best home security in place. But what are the best ways to secure your home from burglars?
Installing security alarms on your property is a great way to stop security threats such as robbers. In this article, we will be discussing how to install a security alarm, whether you need an alarm permit, and what are the best tips for installing security alarms.